Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ape Escape Pumped and Primed - PS2

My first review will be for Ape Escape Pumped and Primed.

I got this game for my wife for Christmas, and once we opened it, it's rarely not been the game in the PS2.

This game is a 1 to 4 player game, of course, to get more than 2 people on, you will need a multi-tap. There is a Story mode and a Multi-player mode. In story mode, you can play 1 or 2 people. The other 2 people are computer players. In multi-player mode, you can have between 1 and 4 players.

We have Ape Escape 2, and when this was bought, I thought it would be along the same lines. Boy was I wrong. This misconception almost cost me the enjoyment of this game. Once I got past that, I started to really enjoy this game.

You start the game with basic tools/weapons. You have a sling-shot, a baton, a RC car, a flyer, a dash hoop, a tank, a water mech, and a boat.

There are 44 levels and 8 boss battles in the Story Mode.

This is a good game to play with your kids. Especially as you go through the game the first time and unlock the levels.

We have played this game for a couple weeks now, and it's still going strong.

The game is Rated Teen, but I find that a bit of a stretch. You do hit people with your club, shoot with a sling shot, etc. but that is it. The characters are cute, and appropriate for a children's game.

Once he got the hang of it, he has been able to beat many of the bosses by himself. There are still spots though that he needed help with.

When I asked him what he thought of the game, my boy said:
It's good.
I like you can be a bunch of different people.
You can be up to 6 different people.
Playable ages: 5+
ESRB Rating: Teen (mild violence)
Players: 1 - 4
Overall Rating: 8.0

Find information about it at Ubisoft and Playstation.
Have questions? Ask, and I'll try to answer them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home