Monday, January 23, 2006

Ape Escape 2 - PS2

We rented this game for my son about a year and a half ago. He, and my wife, loved this game! This was all that we played for a long time. We extended the rental twice, and then went and bought the game. Though, that took some doing since it was such a hard game to find. This was a non-stop event. My wife lost hours and hours of sleep.

This game was worth the money and effort to find. Even today, we still play this game. This game starts off pretty easy. You start off with a net, and you go around and capture these silly monkeys. Your health indicators are cookies. You have to sneak up on monkeys to capture them. There are 20 levels, 8 bosses, and over 300 monkeys to catch. You'll eventually have 12 gadgets to use to help catch those pesky monkeys.

There are 3 mini-games that you can get as the game progresses. These mini-games can have 2 players. This is the extent of the multi-player capabilities. Dance monkey Dance, was by far, my most favorite mini-game.

This game is not a game that a young child will be able to beat. With the book we finally bought at the store, and hours and hours of playtime, we finally got through the last level, which was by far the hardest. Oh, and the boss levels, are very hard too. The in-between levels, a young child should be able to do without much problem.

When I asked him what he thought of the game, my boy said:
GOOD!
I liked it when I got close to the monkeys and their light turned yellow before I got them. I also liked the dinosaur level and the T-Rex on it.
There were levels where the piranha where in the water and you had to fly over it instead of swimming in it. I really liked capturing the funny monkeys. It was kinda easy to catch the fast ones, especially when they tripped. There were hard parts and easy parts.
Playable ages: 4+ (I'm pretty sure my son was playing this game at 4 1/2)
Difficulty: Medium (Lots of easy areas, as well as medium and Hard areas)
ESRB Rating: Everyone (Comic Mischief, Mild Violence)
Overall Rating: 8.7

You can learn more about this game from PlayStation and UBISOFT

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home